When it comes to Weight Loss, the ketogenic diet is currently trending as the best diet for loosing weight to date. It’s a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that produces ketones — the result of the breakdown of fats in the liver — to be used as pure energy.
With the keto diet showing up all over the news, in forums, magazines, and in conversations at the gym, there’s a lot of things being said that are true, but a lot of things that aren’t to be believed.
Why are so many people searching for Weight Loss when it comes to loosing excess fat?
Since more than 2 in 3 adults are considered to be overweight or have obesity in the United States Weight Loss is eminent in reeducating people to take control of their lives. Being overweight or obese does not have to be the new normal for Americans.
Typically, during the first week of the keto diet, people see a very quick drop in weight — anywhere from 2 to 10 pounds. This is unrivaled by any other diet.
Supplementation for Cyclical Ketogenic Dieting
The keto diet. What is the keto diet? In simple terms it's when you trick your body into using your own BODYFAT as it's main energy source instead of carbohydrates. The keto diet is very popular method of losing fat quickly and efficiently.
The Science Behind It
To get your body into a ketogenic state you must eat a high fat diet and low protein with NO carbs or hardly any. The ratio should be around 80% fat and 20% protein. This will the guideline for the first 2 days. Once in a ketogenic state you will have to increase protein intake and lower fat, ratio will be around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. Protein is increased to spare muscle tissue. When your body intakes carbohydrates it causes an insulin spike which means the pancreas releases insulin ( helps store glycogen, amino acids and excess calories as fat ) so common sense tells us that if we eliminate carbs then the insulin will not store excess calories as fat. Perfect.
Now your body has no carbs as a energy source your body must find a new source. Fat. This works out perfectly if you want to lose body fat. The body will break down the body fat and use it as energy instead of carbs. This state is called ketosis. This is the state you want your body to be in, makes perfect sense if you want to lose body fat while maintaining muscle.
Now lets recap on the diet.
- Must enter the state of ketosis by eliminating carbs from the diet while intaking high fat moderate/low protein.
- Must intake fibre of some sort to keep your pipes as clear as ever if you know what I mean.
- Once in ketosis protein intake must be at least that of a gram of protein per pound of lean mass.
- That is pretty much it! It takes dedication to no eat carbs through out the week as a lot of foods have carbs, but remember you will be rewarded greatly for your dedication. You must not stay in the state of ketosis weeks on end as it is dangerous and will end up with your body turning to use protein as a fuel source which is a no no. Hope it's helped and good luck dieting!
The bulk of research suggests that the ketogenic diet is more effective than conventional diets in helping you lose weight and shed body fat. One of the reasons why the ketogenic diet provides such reliable weight loss results is because it consists primarily of highly-satiating whole foods like meat, high-fat dairy, and low-carb vegetables while removing all carb-rich, sugar-laden processed foods from the diet. By eating in this way, you will feel full while eating fewer calories and losing weight.
Low-Carb and Keto Diet Fast Food Menu Choices: How to Eat Successfully at Restaurants
For those who eat low-carb or keto diets, there is almost always something you can eat in every fast food place or restaurant. Plan ahead. Before entering a restaurant, check out their menu and nutrition information online at home or using your smart phone. It's always good to know the safe options before being tempted by menu items you shouldn't have on a low-carb diet.
In order to make it easier to find a quick keto-friendly option, I've compiled a list of several restaurants and fast food places and those items that I've found to be the lowest carb (and most emotionally satisfying) choices. These are not all perfect options, but when you're stuck with no other choices due to time or location constraints, they'll do in a pinch.
It's a huge help that fast-food places are required to post nutritional content. It gets easier to follow the keto plan every day. The carb count I'm listing is approximate and is NET grams.
In general, there is usually some salad option anywhere you are. At Burger joints, just remove the bun, and many places offer lettuce wraps instead. Chicken shouldn't have breading.
As a side note, it helps to have a knife and fork handy in your car or purse. Big, juicy burgers in tiny pieces of lettuce end up on the table - or in your lap. Small, flimsy fastfood plasticware also makes for difficult eating. Pull out your own sturdy utensils and enjoy!
Now for the food choices... here are some pretty obvious general rules to follow:
- Skip the bun or wrap
- Skip the pasta, potato, or rice
- Salads - no croutons. Stick with low sugar dressing options - Caesar, Blue Cheese, Ranch, Chipotle. Look at the name which may give you a clue, things like "honey" in the honey dijon or "sweet" in the dressing name - these are usually not a good choice. Check the ingredient for items that are higher in carb content.
- Chicken - Choose grilled or sauteed. Stay away from any chicken that is breaded.
Mexican and Chinese restaurants are the most difficult, because any low carb option is not the reason to go to the restaurant in the first place. At a Mexican restaurant, I tend to get a large burrito with no beans and spread the soft tortilla out like a plate. Eat the inner ingredients and toss the tortilla.
If you MUST go to a Chinese buffet (I attended a funeral dinner at one), you can find options, but they probably aren't going to be your favorite General Tso's. How about the salad bar choices? eggs? the insides of eggrolls, and I even ate the insides only of crab rangoons. Unfortunately, these ideas leave quite a pile of discarded shells and deep fried exterior pieces on your plate and makes it look like you really waste food.
Wings anywhere - Standard buffalo sauce is usually OK as well as garlic Parmesan
Convenience stores can be a good option, too! 7-11 has packs of hard boiled eggs, cheese slabs, slim jims, almonds, and pork rinds. Pork rinds come in a barbecue flavor and they're ZERO carbs.
Remember, whatever you choose, hold the bread, potatoes, rice, noodles, fries, and tortillas. And watch out for the possibility of corn starch, bread crumbs, and other fillers. With proper planning and a good attitude, you can find healthy keto and low-carb options when dining out, and stick to your successful keto diet plan.
- Extraordinary Weight-Loss Weight Loss Help
- Intermittent Fasting & Keto Best Weight Loss Tips
- Achieving Ideal Body Weight Weight Loss Help
- Become a Fat Burner Now Best Weight Loss Tips
- Losing Weight Eating Food You Love Keto Tips
- Losing Weight Without Dieting Keto Tips
- Diet free Weight Loss Tricks
- Weight Loss Formula Weight Loss Tricks
- Getting Your Dream Body Keto Fasting
- Hacks to Lose Weight Weight Loss Tricks
- Detoxing & Weight Loss Weight Loss Help
- Weight Loss Mastery Best Weight Loss Tips
- Losing Weight & Healing Naturally Weight Loss Help
- Weight Loss for Women Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Easy Weight Loss Fat Loss Tips
- Secrets to Weight Loss Keto And Intermittent Fasting
- Weight Loss & Fitness Keto Tips
- Self-Control Psychology Keto Fasting
- Emotional Eating Issues Weight Loss Help
- Losing Fat Fat Loss Tips