When it comes to Dieting, the ketogenic diet is currently trending as the best diet for loosing weight to date. It’s a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that produces ketones — the result of the breakdown of fats in the liver — to be used as pure energy.
With the keto diet showing up all over the news, in forums, magazines, and in conversations at the gym, there’s a lot of things being said that are true, but a lot of things that aren’t to be believed.
Why are so many people searching for Dieting when it comes to loosing excess fat?
Since more than 2 in 3 adults are considered to be overweight or have obesity in the United States Dieting is eminent in reeducating people to take control of their lives. Being overweight or obese does not have to be the new normal for Americans.
Typically, during the first week of the keto diet, people see a very quick drop in weight — anywhere from 2 to 10 pounds. This is unrivaled by any other diet.
Eggs on a Ketogenic Diet
The keto diet. What is the keto diet? In simple terms it's when you trick your body into using your own BODYFAT as it's main energy source instead of carbohydrates. The keto diet is very popular method of losing fat quickly and efficiently.
The Science Behind It
To get your body into a ketogenic state you must eat a high fat diet and low protein with NO carbs or hardly any. The ratio should be around 80% fat and 20% protein. This will the guideline for the first 2 days. Once in a ketogenic state you will have to increase protein intake and lower fat, ratio will be around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. Protein is increased to spare muscle tissue. When your body intakes carbohydrates it causes an insulin spike which means the pancreas releases insulin ( helps store glycogen, amino acids and excess calories as fat ) so common sense tells us that if we eliminate carbs then the insulin will not store excess calories as fat. Perfect.
Now your body has no carbs as a energy source your body must find a new source. Fat. This works out perfectly if you want to lose body fat. The body will break down the body fat and use it as energy instead of carbs. This state is called ketosis. This is the state you want your body to be in, makes perfect sense if you want to lose body fat while maintaining muscle.
Now lets recap on the diet.
- Must enter the state of ketosis by eliminating carbs from the diet while intaking high fat moderate/low protein.
- Must intake fibre of some sort to keep your pipes as clear as ever if you know what I mean.
- Once in ketosis protein intake must be at least that of a gram of protein per pound of lean mass.
- That is pretty much it! It takes dedication to no eat carbs through out the week as a lot of foods have carbs, but remember you will be rewarded greatly for your dedication. You must not stay in the state of ketosis weeks on end as it is dangerous and will end up with your body turning to use protein as a fuel source which is a no no. Hope it's helped and good luck dieting!
The bulk of research suggests that the ketogenic diet is more effective than conventional diets in helping you lose weight and shed body fat. One of the reasons why the ketogenic diet provides such reliable weight loss results is because it consists primarily of highly-satiating whole foods like meat, high-fat dairy, and low-carb vegetables while removing all carb-rich, sugar-laden processed foods from the diet. By eating in this way, you will feel full while eating fewer calories and losing weight.
Low-Carb and Keto Diet Fast Food Menu Choices: How to Eat Successfully at Restaurants
For many people, the ketogenic diet is a great option for weight loss. It is very different and allows the person on the diet to eat a diet that consists of foods that you may not expect.
So the ketogenic diet, or keto, is a diet that consists of very low carbs, medium protein and high fat. How many diets are there where you can start your day off with bacon and eggs, loads of it, then follow it up with chicken wings for lunch and then steak and broccoli for dinner. That may sound too good to be true for many. Well on this diet this is a great day of eating and you followed the rules perfectly with that meal plan.
One thing to worry about when going on the ketogenic diet is something called "keto flu." Not everyone experiences this, but for the ones that do it can be tough. You will feel lethargic and you may have a headache. It won't last very long. When you feel this way make sure you get plenty of water and rest to get through it.
If this sounds like the kind of diet you would be interested in, then what are you waiting for? Dive heard first into keto. You won't believe the weight loss results you get in such a short amount of time.
- Ketogenic Diet Mistakes Keto Tips
- Optimized Metabolism Fat Loss Tips
- Dieting Made Easy Weight Loss Help
- Diet Planning Keto Fasting
- Diet Lifestyle Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Stress-free Healthy Diet Weight Loss Tips
- Healthy Slim Fasting Weight Loss Help
- Flexible Dieting Keto And Intermittent Fasting
- Diet & Metabolism Fat Loss Tips
- Eating More & Weighing Less Keto And Intermittent Fasting
- Healthy Diet System Keto And Intermittent Fasting
- Best Diet In The World Keto Fasting
- Bodybuilding Diet Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Cravings Fat Loss Tips